The Fool
"...and the eyes in his head see the world... spinning 'round."

The Fool

The Politics of Anger

Sunday, 19 September 2010, 7:20 AM

We're all bozos on the bus, so we might as well sit back and enjoy the ride.
-Wavy Gravy

There has been a disturbing trend in the last twenty years that started with the proliferation of email. This trend hides under the guise of politics. This trend has served to polarize us into a nation colored red or blue. (on a side note, how did Republicans end up being red? I have to wonder if the communists are upset that they've lost their color.) This trend has served to escalate anger and to minimize rational discussion.

This trend is what I call the Politics of Anger. You've been exposed to it if you have an email address, read Face Book, and/or peruse political blogs from time to time. The story about Obama not being a natural citizen is a fine example. I'm not going to take sides on that argument, but simply point out that I have seen very little hard evidence on either side. Mostly, I see angry rhetoric thrown back and forth along with personal insults and epitaphs disparaging the intelligence of the other side.

I don't blame the internet for this; the internet has allowed us to inform one another on how we feel about anything we want to express. It is an open forum filled with so much information no one person could ever absorb even ten percent of it.

I don't blame the current political parties for this anger either. They are what they are, and I say that with the most pontifical attitude I can convey as I couldn't really begin to explain what they really are. I'm not sure I really would want to. But I digress...

The blame for this anger can mostly be lain at the feet of leisure I think. We've become the product of all the sweat, blood, and toil of our ancestors who continually worked hard for the future of their children. Well, welcome to that future. We live in such luxury that we no longer tolerate anything that appears to be hard work; like researching an argument. It is much easier, and to some, perhaps more satisfying to type out angry retorts to views opposite of those we hold. It is as if the last angry post is going to win. God help you if you try topping me!

I read a blog the other day disparaging Obama's politics. There were several accusations made and I really won't go into them here. The replies were both for and against, but after reading thirty or so, I did not find one reply against that gave any sort of thought out argument refuting the accusations. Every one of them was simply an angry retort or personal attack on the blogger.

On Face Book, an apparent democrat posted a picture of a group of people holding signs on which were written epitaphs dealing with the question of Obama's citizenship. Someone posted that the 'lily white' crowd in the picture must all be bigots. I was taken aback, and looked closer at the picture. Yes they were all white, and yes Obama has some African heritage in him, but I saw nothing to indicate that these people thought Obama was unfit for his job because he was black. They were angry because a Democrat was President; it could have been a white guy and the only thing that would've changed in the picture was the face on their placards.

The problem has reached the point where we no longer listen very well at all. We simply hurl shit at each other in the hopes that whoever ends up the stinkiest is the loser. This, I think, was a great tactic for our hominid ancestors in protecting their territory, but looks rather foolish when done by supposed grown ups of the modern world, or maybe the problem is that they are too grown up? Do we take ourselves too seriously?

I remember a comedy group who did bits of absurd humor called Firesign Theater. They had an album called “I think we're all Bozo's on this Bus”. I think we all need to remember that. I believe that in the grand scheme of the Universe, how much shit you can throw on your opponent doesn't really count for much at all. It might get your enemy to stink, but in the process you won't be able to avoid getting some on yourself.

The Universe is some 2 billion years old, or something like that. That is 1,000 times older than the entire human race, right back to our earliest ancestors who hurled shit at one another to delineate and protect their turf. Given this humbling fact, is spreading shit that much better than spreading laughter? Which will be remembered?

I think it's time to start handing out big red noses and floppy shoes and to start taking ourselves a little less seriously. We need to take our opponent's viewpoints with a little more salt. I suggest that next time an opposing viewpoint really makes you upset, try making your enemy laugh rather than cover them in shit.

The Trackback URL for this entry is:

http://www.publisherdatabase.com/forums/trackback.php?e=687

Post a Reply Page 865 of 879   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 864, 865, 866 ... 877, 878, 879  Next

Derrick

PostPosted: Friday, 20 July 2018, 3:58 AM    Post subject:    

What's up, the whole thing is going perfectly here and
ofcourse every one is sharing data, that's actually fine,
keep up writing.

Review my web-site - buying prescriptions canada
Juan

PostPosted: Friday, 20 July 2018, 10:27 AM    Post subject:    

This site is fantastic, i truly enjoy it.

Feel free to surf to my site ... online chat psychics
Domingo

PostPosted: Friday, 20 July 2018, 16:44 PM    Post subject:    

Very nice style and design and great subject matter.

Here is my website :: growth hormone benefits
Wallace

PostPosted: Friday, 20 July 2018, 19:31 PM    Post subject:    

Hi to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this web site, and your views are fastidious designed for new people.

my web-site :: Chicago Bulls rumors
Erna

PostPosted: Friday, 20 July 2018, 19:36 PM    Post subject:    

This is a fantastic blog, many thanks for sharing.

My web site - Genf20 Plus
Josh

PostPosted: Friday, 20 July 2018, 21:36 PM    Post subject:    

Great thank you for posting! by the way are there feeds
to your blog? I_d love to add them to my reader.

Here is my page - tarot Reading Online
Ronda

PostPosted: Friday, 20 July 2018, 22:46 PM    Post subject:    

Numerous over weight men and women imagine that they were destined to be unwanted
fat and that losing excess weight is unattainable.
That is totally bogus.

Feel free to surf to my web site ... https://hanbyun.or.kr/?document_srl=76987
Frederick

PostPosted: Saturday, 21 July 2018, 1:30 AM    Post subject:    

The key to fantastic skin is great pores and skin care.
This indicates that not only ought to your pores
and skin be cleaned and moisturized accurately for your skin type, you
must also shield your skin with solar display. This
helps prevent severe injury and aging that the sunshine can trigger over time.
A good solar display screen or make up with SPF in it can be quite advantageous.

Ageing with grace and dignity, is to be distinguished from languishing under infirmity and stress.
Productive ageing is about getting control of your existence, embracing adjust,
and applying the steps that you need to get to deal with that
change. The ideas delineated below are a great start off to doing just that.

A vital factor to avoid ageing and boost lifespan is to not smoke.
Using tobacco destroys the physique and speeds up the getting older procedure.
Smoking is the simplest way to appear older and
shorten your lifespan at the identical time.
It leads to condition, ages the pores and skin, and is overall one of the primary preventable killers identified to guy.

Thiamin is a B vitamin very essential in human well being.
It is really essential to appropriate brain and nerve perform, in addition to a entire host of badly outlined signs and
symptoms like scaly pores and skin. It is found in wheat and rice bran as well as pork,
yeast extract, yeast, and oatmeal.

It is really frequent for men and women to set on the lbs as they age.
Keeping your excess weight in examine will let you to keep away from several significant overall health pitfalls.
By combining eating healthily with an exercise program that satisfies
your demands, your bodyweight will remain at a healthier stage.

If you have modern superficial zits scars or other dermatological abrasions, your esthetician or dermatologist may advocate
needling them. As the title indicates, really small needles are
used to prick the skin at the dermal amount. This triggers the pores and skin to react by making collagen, decreasing the physical appearance of scars.

For glowing and radient pores and skin, make sure that you are taking in a healthful and well balanced diet program.
Your skin needs plenty of humidity so work in a entire eight glasses of drinking water each day,
consume a lot of fruits and veggies, and keep your fat ingestion to
the advised dietary recommendations.

Regardless of well-liked dogma, more mature folks require
as a lot sleep as younger men and women, which is at minimum seven or 8 hrs nightly.
If you get that significantly snooze and even now really feel sleepy in the course
of the working day, see your doctor simply because you may have
snooze apnea. Men and women stricken with slumber apnea continuously pause respiratory whilst asleep.

Left untreated, this dysfunction can improve your odds of coronary heart ailment and other troubles.

Any pores and skin treatment routine can be created far more successful with the addition of
sufficient restful rest every evening. Your total pores and skin high quality is adversely impacted
by the anxiety to your method caused by absence of snooze.
Getting a good night's rest is the 1 very efficient splendor therapy for your pores and skin that is
absolutely cost-free.

Moisturizer is some thing that you should always use, even with oily skin. Make confident
you apply a moisturizer right after you clean your experience and ahead of you set makeup on. A moisturizer is beneficial
in balancing your pores and skin. If your pores
and skin is in a natural way oily and you use a sturdy
cleanser to dry it out, the pores and skin will overcompensate producing a lot
more oil.

It is important to shield your whole body, not just your face, from
the sunlight. One particular location that individuals usually forget to utilize sunscreen is the scalp.
To defend your scalp from sunburns, measure out a dime-sized dollop of
oil-free sunscreen into your scalp correct following
you get out of the shower. Let your hair dry. If you have far more funds to commit, spend
in a hairspray that includes SPF.

Check out my web blog - http://raunitschke.eu/index.php?title=Benutzer:Kai689201325
Jerold

PostPosted: Saturday, 21 July 2018, 8:08 AM    Post subject:    

You want your wedding day photographer to capture almost
everything that would make your working day special, to seize you at your very best,
to deliver photos that dwell up to your expectations.

In this article are ten ideas for picking out marriage ceremony pictures that you can dwell
with all through your new life with each other.

A reliable wedding ceremony photographer need to have a bodily site.
A physical site exactly where you can locate them when you need them and exactly where you can satisfy with
them securely is critical. Brick and mortar wedding photography studios create have confidence in inside the
group and with their clientele. If your wedding
photographer does not have a neighborhood handle (not a PO Box) that
they will share with you, it's a very good cause not
to believe in them. They may operate out of their home, but do you know exactly where that is?
A actual physical office environment or studio
is paramount to them getting trustworthy. Would be you be
inclined to have a random stranger arrive to your residence, or for you to go to their residence?
It's safer and extra trustworthy to pick a
wedding ceremony photographer with a studio or place of
work you can check out and the place you can locate your photographer.

A fantastic marriage ceremony photographer should really assist make your day go a lot more easily.
Aside from a committed wedding ceremony planner, your photographer is
the only seller who is likely to be investing the whole day
with you. A great marriage ceremony photographer need to make issues easier for you.

They ought to address problems. Your wedding ceremony photographer
must be versatile. They should be equipped to adapt and
thrive in tricky circumstances. Find out extra about their talents and question about a complicated lights situation, poor weather, or
other catastrophe and discover out how they dealt with it in the previous.

You will need your wedding photographer to be concentrated on you.
When you meet up with with any marriage ceremony photographer for the 1st time,
do they inquire about you, get to know you, and discover out what
you want? Or do only they chat about on their own and what they do?
Uncover a photographer who is eager to invest time obtaining
to know you so you know they understand you and your needs.
This is the most effective way to obtain out if they are a fantastic in good shape for you.

Your wedding ceremony photographer really should be educated and beneficial.
They should really supply suggestions about possibilities you have for various items, give guidance on scheduling and
setup, be total of strategies, and be all set to make your
working day and your organizing less complicated. A very good photographer is big
on planning. Your photographer really should do
the job with you in advance of an engagement session to select clothes and site.
Your marriage ceremony day images ought to
be scheduled as aspect of your day somewhat than as an afterthought.
Pictures does not have to be inconvenient
- it can be a enjoyable and integral section of your working day.

It could audio unusual, but not all wedding day photographers are
the similar and not all photographers are a superior in good
shape for each individual shopper. If your marriage photographer fulfills you
and finds out about what you are wanting for and then tells you that they never
consider they would be a excellent healthy for you, it could be
surprising, but it is really nothing individual.

Wouldn't you somewhat a professional be truthful about this than seeking to modify to meet up with your requires?
From time to time photographers recognize that what they specialize in is
not the exact same detail a consumer needs.
Photographers never want to make you not happy, and if a wedding ceremony photographer thinks you could possibly be happier with a diverse model of images or with
a various condition, we will notify you in advance of you e book
so you are not dissatisfied later.

Price tag is NOT the most critical issue when choosing a
wedding day photographer: You unquestionably get what you fork out
for. Photography is like anything at all else in lifetime: You get
what you pay back for. It is not rational to assume you can employ the service of
another person for small to no funds and get the
identical results you would get if you experienced used twice what you paid
out. Value is ordinarily a component when it arrives to quality.

Photographers who demand extra are ordinarily backed by their track record, their brand name, and their knowledge.

You should really also comprehend that your images will become the long lasting memory of your wedding ceremony working day.
There are two items you should invest money on for your marriage, it need to be your location and
your pictures. Persons will most likely not remember the foodstuff, you will
only dress in your costume the moment, and most of the other points
are not large investments anyway (bouquets, new music, makeup).
You will seem at your marriage images routinely - probably
even each day - for the relaxation of your lifestyle. Should not your wedding ceremony shots be fantastic?

Your marriage photography studio must be insured and licensed as a authorized organization. Lots of venues
essentially require insurance policies from vendors doing work there.

Digital camera products is costly and you should
really make certain your photographer is entirely insured by
a reputable insurance coverage firm to make guaranteed you are protected.

Quite a few photographers are just people with cameras and perhaps a slick website.
Make confident your photographer is backed by a authorized, reputable enterprise.

Your wedding day photographer must have backup devices and a backup program.
Obligatory: Cameras with two slots for memory cards
that can be created to simultaneously in case just one card fails, backup cameras and lenses, a data backup system
such as offsite backups, and a disaster program. Defend your financial investment.
If your photographer only has one camera, it is not enough.

Multiple photographers with your bundle are significantly greater for you than acquiring just a single.
Your wedding day photographer should really have many photographers on workers in circumstance someone get ill or God forbid hurt.
A lone photographer are not able to be in adequate places at after to possibly protect a wedding day sufficiently.
For all but the smallest weddings, your marriage photographer should really have at a least a photographer and assistant/next shooter.
Anything at all less and you will be missing out on significant times, angles,
and chances.

Your marriage ceremony photographer should NOT dump a disc of
pictures on you and vanish after the wedding day. Some photographers will offer you a disc of
high resolution shots, give them to you, and that is it.
Your marriage ceremony photographer really should give worth-incorporate providers and merchandise following your marriage ceremony day - for illustration, image
publications or albums, photograph prints, and wall art.
Other providers you must glimpse for are in-studio viewings
and assortment, retouching and enhancing products and services, and gift alternatives.
A photographer that shoots pictures for a disc is likely to give
you a outcome that is a fully distinctive established of photos than a photographer who is taking pictures with an album
in mind or to develop artwork. You are going to get
a much much better range of pictures from a photographer focused on artwork
and an heirloom album than 1 who is likely to shoot-andburn a disc for you and
call it a working day. Will you actually want to expend time
and funds building your have album? Almost certainly not.
Make confident your photographer supplies you with private utilization rights
for the visuals, but you do not need to have uncooked information or ultra substantial resolution pics if
your wedding day photographer layouts for you an wonderful
photograph album, presents you a disc of JPG electronic negatives, and
provides print, artwork, and style solutions right after the
wedding. Contemplate what you actually need and discuss to your photographer
about what they give.
Austin

PostPosted: Saturday, 21 July 2018, 8:35 AM    Post subject:    

You made some good points there. I did research online on the topic
and found a lot of people will agree with your blog.

my blog; Genf20
Plus
Post a Reply

Publisher Database Forum Index -> Blogs -> The Fool -> The Politics of Anger