The Fool
"...and the eyes in his head see the world... spinning 'round."

The Fool

The Politics of Anger

Sunday, 19 September 2010, 7:20 AM

We're all bozos on the bus, so we might as well sit back and enjoy the ride.
-Wavy Gravy

There has been a disturbing trend in the last twenty years that started with the proliferation of email. This trend hides under the guise of politics. This trend has served to polarize us into a nation colored red or blue. (on a side note, how did Republicans end up being red? I have to wonder if the communists are upset that they've lost their color.) This trend has served to escalate anger and to minimize rational discussion.

This trend is what I call the Politics of Anger. You've been exposed to it if you have an email address, read Face Book, and/or peruse political blogs from time to time. The story about Obama not being a natural citizen is a fine example. I'm not going to take sides on that argument, but simply point out that I have seen very little hard evidence on either side. Mostly, I see angry rhetoric thrown back and forth along with personal insults and epitaphs disparaging the intelligence of the other side.

I don't blame the internet for this; the internet has allowed us to inform one another on how we feel about anything we want to express. It is an open forum filled with so much information no one person could ever absorb even ten percent of it.

I don't blame the current political parties for this anger either. They are what they are, and I say that with the most pontifical attitude I can convey as I couldn't really begin to explain what they really are. I'm not sure I really would want to. But I digress...

The blame for this anger can mostly be lain at the feet of leisure I think. We've become the product of all the sweat, blood, and toil of our ancestors who continually worked hard for the future of their children. Well, welcome to that future. We live in such luxury that we no longer tolerate anything that appears to be hard work; like researching an argument. It is much easier, and to some, perhaps more satisfying to type out angry retorts to views opposite of those we hold. It is as if the last angry post is going to win. God help you if you try topping me!

I read a blog the other day disparaging Obama's politics. There were several accusations made and I really won't go into them here. The replies were both for and against, but after reading thirty or so, I did not find one reply against that gave any sort of thought out argument refuting the accusations. Every one of them was simply an angry retort or personal attack on the blogger.

On Face Book, an apparent democrat posted a picture of a group of people holding signs on which were written epitaphs dealing with the question of Obama's citizenship. Someone posted that the 'lily white' crowd in the picture must all be bigots. I was taken aback, and looked closer at the picture. Yes they were all white, and yes Obama has some African heritage in him, but I saw nothing to indicate that these people thought Obama was unfit for his job because he was black. They were angry because a Democrat was President; it could have been a white guy and the only thing that would've changed in the picture was the face on their placards.

The problem has reached the point where we no longer listen very well at all. We simply hurl shit at each other in the hopes that whoever ends up the stinkiest is the loser. This, I think, was a great tactic for our hominid ancestors in protecting their territory, but looks rather foolish when done by supposed grown ups of the modern world, or maybe the problem is that they are too grown up? Do we take ourselves too seriously?

I remember a comedy group who did bits of absurd humor called Firesign Theater. They had an album called “I think we're all Bozo's on this Bus”. I think we all need to remember that. I believe that in the grand scheme of the Universe, how much shit you can throw on your opponent doesn't really count for much at all. It might get your enemy to stink, but in the process you won't be able to avoid getting some on yourself.

The Universe is some 2 billion years old, or something like that. That is 1,000 times older than the entire human race, right back to our earliest ancestors who hurled shit at one another to delineate and protect their turf. Given this humbling fact, is spreading shit that much better than spreading laughter? Which will be remembered?

I think it's time to start handing out big red noses and floppy shoes and to start taking ourselves a little less seriously. We need to take our opponent's viewpoints with a little more salt. I suggest that next time an opposing viewpoint really makes you upset, try making your enemy laugh rather than cover them in shit.

The Trackback URL for this entry is:

http://www.publisherdatabase.com/forums/trackback.php?e=687

Post a Reply Page 1 of 592   Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 590, 591, 592  Next

YYY

PostPosted: Thursday, 19 April 2012, 0:31 AM    Post subject:    

Sunglasses UV Protection.The most critical function ray ban sunglasses for a pair of discount sunglasses is protecting your eyes from the sun's harmful UV rays. Although UVA and UVB rays help us absorb vitamin too much exposure to these rays, particularly the UVB variety, will seriously damage your eyes ray ban uk not to mention your skin.
The best way to protect your eyes oakley polarized sunglasses say experts at sites like About.com is to buy discount sunglasses that specifically say "100 percent UV protection" or "UV400" on the label. Among the inexpensive sunglasses brands that we researched, Adi Designs offers far fewer models that meet this standard than the brands that make our list oakley polarized of best and good discount sunglasses.
cheap nike free

PostPosted: Friday, 11 May 2012, 0:26 AM    Post subject:    

Our well-designed Cheap nike free Sale delivers the feel of training barefoot with a natural fit and enhanced flexibility. nike free running can help you break loose, and will take you on the ride of your life. If you feel caught up in your daily routine, dreaming of breaking free, kicking off your nike free shoes , and running as far as your feet will take you, nike free running shoes are the perfect shoes for you! Come on to choose one, Cheap nike free sale provides an extremely Nike Free Run 3 comfortable and barefoot-like running experience.
north face discount

PostPosted: Tuesday, 16 October 2012, 23:03 PM    Post subject:    

Wu Qiong hear north face discount seems to the Yantian Nan recognize who died, he asked."Be it there is to take a look at the meme, this girl turned out to engage in what runaways, live drug Cottage. Xiatian Hao said."The meme this girl, to Xianghai does not even come to me, really outrageous" Wu Qiong angrily slapped the bridge next to the driver touches startled."She ran out the door, of course, did not dare touch with you." Xiatian Hao laughed.Car turn left, turn right to proceed into the streets of the downtown area, the speed is also slow down.north face jackets discount wrapped in a large bath towel from the bathroom, stood in front of the mirror with a hair hair blown open, and then put on a strawberry pattern pajamas, Tazhao a pair of slippers came to the yard to feed mastiff with cartoon images, two Tibetan mastiff saw her out, her joy was rubbing around immediately."
zm123

PostPosted: Friday, 02 November 2012, 21:11 PM    Post subject:    

"To you for sweets." Eve very roughly grabbed Kay say, 'Princess machines' milli blunt one foot on the shoulders of the spoilers the north face clearance (although by virtue of propeller manufacturing false impression that there is some spoilers shoulders) cheap north face jackets for women, the strange thing is that the feet actually did not pulse destruction.
assree

PostPosted: Friday, 12 June 2015, 22:26 PM    Post subject:    

According
hollister to CCTV
oakley sunglasses cheap,cheap oakley sunglasses,oakley sunglasses,oakley vault,oakleys,oakley.com,sunglasses outlet,cheap oakley,oakley outlet,cheap sunglasses,oakley prescription glasses,fake oakleys,oakley sunglasses outlet,oakley glasses,oakley store,fake oakley,oakley sale,cheap oakleys,discount oakley sunglasses reported
marc jacobs recently, five
karen millen dresses new
timberland outlet naval aviation
michael kors outlet online,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors pilots directly
burberry outlet online,burberry,burberry outlet,burberry handbags,burberry factory outlet,burberry sale converted
links of london uk from
hollister,hollister uk,abercrombie,abercrombie fitch,abercrombie and fitch the
tory burch outlet,tory burch,tory burch handbags,tory burch shoes,tory burch sale,toryburch,tory burch sandals,toryburch.com,tory burch flip flops advanced
michael kors,michael kors canada,michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet canada trainer
ray ban,rayban,occhiali ray ban aircraft
longchamp,sac longchamp,longchamps,longchamp pas cher,sac longchamp pas cher,longchamp pliage,longchamp soldes,sac longchamps,longchamp france Jian
new balance pas cher,new balance,new balance femme Shi,
tiffany and co jewelry,tiffany and co outlet,tiffany and co,tiffany's,tiffanys,tiffany co,tiffany jewelry which
babyliss pro,babyliss also
coach outlet,coach factory outlet,coach outlet store,coach factory,coach outlet store online,coach factory online,coach factory outlet online,coach outlet online marked
air max,nike air max,air max pas cher,air max one,air max 90,air max france the three generations
michael kors,michael kors uk,michael kors handbags,michael kors bags of
prada outlet,prada,prada handbags,prada sunglasses,prada shoes,prada bags naval
coach outlet store online,coach outlet store,coach outlet aviation
air max,nike air max,air max 2015,nike air max 2015,air max 90,airmax,air max 95,nike air max 90 pilots
rolex watches,rolex,watches for men,watches for women,omega watches,replica watches,rolex watches for sale,rolex replica,rolex watch,cartier watches,rolex submariner,fake rolex,rolex replica watches,replica rolex train
louboutin,chaussure louboutin,louboutin pas cher,chaussures louboutin,chaussure louboutin pas cher,louboutin france the
sac longchamp,longchamp,longchamps,longchamp pas cher,sac longchamp pas cher,longchamp pliage,longchamp soldes,sac longchamps,longchamp france addition
coach purses,coach handbags,coach bags of
oakley pas cher,oakley,oakley soldes,lunette oakley pas cher,oakley france a
louis vuitton outlet,louis vuitton outlet online,louis vuitton,louisvuitton.com,authentic louis vuitton,louis vuitton factory outlet,cheap louis vuitton new
nike blazer,blazer nike,nike blazer pas cher way.

It
sac guess,guess pas cher,guess,guess collection,sac a main guess reported that
nike huarache,nike huaraches,nike air huarache the
michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors release
thomas sabo uk solo
ray ban sunglasses uk is the
louis vuitton,louis vuitton bags,louis vuitton handbags,louis vuitton uk first independent
converse,scarpe converse,converse italia,converse sito ufficiale,converse all star training
oakley sunglasses,cheap oakley sunglasses,oakley sunglasses cheap,oakley vault,oakleys,oakley.com,sunglasses outlet,cheap oakley,oakley outlet,cheap sunglasses,oakley prescription glasses,fake oakleys,oakley sunglasses outlet,oakley glasses,oakley store,fake oakley,oakley sale,cheap oakleys,discount oakley sunglasses new pilots
bottega veneta,bottega,bottega veneta outlet the
longchamp,longchamp handbags,longchamp outlet,longchamp bags,long champ Navy
swarovski jewelry directly
polo ralph lauren outlet online,ralph lauren,polo ralph,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet,polo shirts,ralph lauren outlet online,polo ralph lauren outlet,ralphlauren.com,polo outlet,ralph lauren polo converted
instyler ionic styler,instyler three generations
tn pas cher,nike tn,nike tn pas cher,nike tn requin,tn requin,tn requin pas cher of
pandora jewelry,pandora charms,pandora bracelet,pandora bracelets,pandora rings,pandora jewelry store locator,pandora charm,pandora charms clearance,pandora store,pandora jewelry outlet store,pandora jewelry sale online fighters
true religion from
air jordan,jordan pas cher,air jordan pas cher,nike air jordan,air jordan france the
north face,the north face,north face uk,north face jackets,north face outlet,northface domestic
air max,nike air max,air max 90,nike air max 90,air max 1 advanced
ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren pas cher,polo ralph lauren pas cher,ralph lauren france trainer.
nike air max,air max,air max pas cher,air max one,air max 90,air max france East China
vans shoes,vans outlet,vans store,star wars vans shoes,cheap vans,vans shoes outlet,white vans,black vans,red vans,vans star wars,vans sneakers,vans shoes outlet store,vans sale,cheap vans shoes Sea
christian louboutin shoes,louboutin shoes,louboutin outlet,louboutin,christian louboutin,red bottom shoes,red bottoms,christian louboutin outlet,red bottom shoes for women,louboutins Fleet naval
juicy couture force
rolex watches,replica watches,omega watches,rolex watches for sale,replica watches uk,fake rolex regiment
coach factory outlet,coach factory,coach factory outlet online,coach factory online pilots
north face jackets,north face,the north face,northface,north face outlet,north face jackets clearance,the north face outlet should
nike trainers,nike trainers uk Deng
jimmy choo,jimmy choo shoes,jimmy choo outlet,jimmy choo handbags said
easton bats in
nike free,free running,nike free run,nike free 5.0,free running 2,nike running shoes,nike free trainer,nike free trainer 5.0,free runs,free run 5.0 an interview: "Compared
hogan,hogan outlet,scarpe hogan,hogan sito ufficiale,hogan interactive to
celine handbags,celine bag,celine bags three generations
new balance shoes,new balance,balance shoes,new balance outlet,new balance store,new balance store locator,new balance shoes for women,joe's new balance outlet,newbalance,newbalance.com,new balance walking shoes trainer
nike shoes,nike outlet,nike factory,nike store,nike factory outlet,nike outlet store,cheap nike shoes,nike sneakers there
asics,asics gel,asics running,asics running shoes,asics shoes,asics gel nimbus,asics gel kayano,asics gt is
mont blanc,montblanc,mont blanc pens a
nike free,nike free run,free running,free run,nike running big
abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie and,abercrombie,abercrombie kids,abercrombie fitch,abercrombie.com difference
iphone 6 cases,iphone 6 case,iphone 5c cases,iphone 5s cases,iphone cases,iphone case,iphone 5 cases,iphone 4s cases,iphone 4 cases,ipad cases,ipad mini cases,ipad air cases,galaxy s5 cases,galaxy s4 cases,phone cases in
supra shoes the
nfl jerseys,jerseys,baseball jerseys,cheap jerseys,nba jerseys,hockey jerseys,basketball jerseys,jerseys from china,cheap nfl jerseys performance
louboutin outlet,louboutin,christian louboutin,red bottom shoes,louboutin shoes,red bottoms,christian louboutin shoes,christian louboutin outlet,red bottom shoes for women,louboutins of
swarovski uk the
wedding dresses,wedding dress,dresses for wedding,bride dresses,dresses for weddings,wedding dresses uk,cheap wedding dresses,vintage wedding dresses,monsoon wedding dresses,lace wedding dresses,wedding dresses for older brides,wedding dresses 2014 aircraft
michael kors outlet store,michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors and
hermes,sac hermes,hermes pas cher,sac hermes pas cher the
ralph lauren,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren italia,ralph lauren sito ufficiale operation itself
vans,vans pas cher,vans soldes in,
nike air max,air max,air max 90,nike air max 90,air max 1 (modified
mulberry,mulberry handbags,mulberry outlet,mulberry bags,mulberry uk three
ray ban sunglasses,ray ban sunglasses outlet,ray ban,rayban,ray bans,ray ban outlet,ray-ban,raybans,ray ban wayfarer,ray-ban sunglasses,raybans.com,rayban sunglasses,cheap ray ban generations
soccer jerseys,soccer jersey,usa soccer jersey,football jerseys of
louis vuitton outlet online,louis vuitton,louis vuitton outlet,louisvuitton.com,authentic louis vuitton,louis vuitton factory outlet,cheap louis vuitton machines)
hollister,abercrombie,hollister sito ufficiale,abercrombie italia,abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie outlet for
abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie,abercrombie and fitch UK us
north face outlet,north face,the north face,northface,north face jackets,north face jackets clearance,the north face outlet it
giuseppe zanotti,giuseppe zanotti outlet is
sac louis vuitton,louis vuitton,louis vuitton pas cher,sac louis vuitton pas cher,louis vuitton france a big
louboutin,christian louboutin,louboutin shoes,louboutins,louboutin uk,christian louboutin uk,red bottom shoes,red bottoms,louboutin outlet,christian louboutin shoes,christian louboutin outlet challenge."

Higher machine
roshe run,nike roshe,roshe runs,nike roshe run,nike roshes pilots
chanel handbags,chanel bags,chanel sunglasses,chanel purses,chanel outlet need
true religion to
lululemon outlet,lululemon,yoga pants,lulu lemon,lulu.com,lululemon.com go through
michael kors outlet,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors in
kate spade outlet,kate spade,katespade,kate spade handbags the
air max,nike air max past,
louis vuitton,borse louis vuitton,louis vuitton sito ufficiale,louis vuitton outlet the
true religion second
mcm handbags,mcm bags,mcm backpack,mcm outlet generation,
hollister,abercrombie,abercrombie fitch,hollister france,hollister pas cher,abercrombie and fitch,hollister pas cher before
p90x,p90x3,p90x workout,p90x workout schedule,p90x workout sheets,p90x 3,p90x2 modification
nike roshe run,roshe run,nike roshe,rosh run,roshe run pas cher,nike roshe france Jian
juicy couture outlet Shi
oakley,occhiali oakley,oakley italia fighters,
louis vuitton,louis vuitton outlet online,louis vuitton outlet,louisvuitton.com,authentic louis vuitton,louis vuitton factory outlet,cheap louis vuitton training
birkin bag,hermes belt,hermes handbags,hermes birkin,hermes bags,birkin bags span,
michael kors,sac michael kors,michael kors pas cher,sac michael kors pas cher,michael kors france long
nike roshe,roshe run,nike roshe run,roshe runs cycle, but
jordan shoes,jordans,air jordan,jordan retro,jordan 11,jordan xx9,jordan 6,new jordans,air jordans,cheap jordans,retro jordans,jordan retro 11,jordan 5,air jordan 11,jordans for sale,jordan 4,jordan 1,jordan future,jordan 3,jordan 12,michael jordan shoes,air jordan shoes,air jordan retro skip
montre pas cher the second
lancel generation
longchamp outlet,longchamp,longchamp handbags,longchamp bags,long champ conversion
nike free,free run,nike free run,nike free pas cher,nike free run pas cher,nike free france step,
tiffany and co jewelry,tiffany and co outlet,tiffany and co,tiffany's,tiffanys,tiffany co,tiffany jewelry shortening
longchamp handbags,longchamp,longchamp outlet,longchamp bags,long champ the
soccer shoes,nike mercurial cultivation
nike air max,air max,air max 2015,nike air max 2015,air max 90,airmax,air max 95,nike air max 90 period,
herve leger,herve leger dresses but also with
prada handbags,prada,prada sunglasses,prada shoes,prada outlet,prada bags a
lacoste,polo lacoste,lacoste pas cher,lacoste.fr,lacoste soldes,survetement lacoste lot
louis vuitton,louis vuitton canada,louis vuitton outlet,louis vuitton outlet online of
ralph lauren,ralph lauren uk,ralph lauren outlet,polo ralph lauren outlet difficulties.

Forces
mac cosmetics,m a c cosmetics,mac makeup,maccosmetics.com modified
ray ban sunglasses outlet,ray ban sunglasses,ray ban,rayban,ray bans,ray ban outlet,ray-ban,raybans,ray ban wayfarer,ray-ban sunglasses,raybans.com,rayban sunglasses,cheap ray ban outline
kate spade handbags,kate spade,kate spade outlet,katespade courses make appropriate
ferragamo shoes,ferragamo,salvatore ferragamo,ferragamo belts,ferragamo belt,ferragamo outlet adjustments,
air force,nike air force,air force 1,air force one,nike air force 1,nike air force one,air force one nike enhanced
gucci,borse gucci,gucci sito ufficiale,gucci outlet conversion
michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors training
reebok outlet,reebok,reebok skyscape,reebok shoes content
hollister,hollister canada,abercrombie and fitch,abercrombie,abercrombie and,abercrombie kids,af appropriateness,
gucci outlet,gucci handbags,gucci belts,gucci shoes,gucci,gucci belt,gucci sunglasses,gucci bags,cheap gucci effectiveness,
beats by dre,dr dre,beats headphones,dre beats,beats by dr,beats by dr dre,beats audio,dr dre beats,dre headphones,beats by dre headphones,beats by dr. dre,cheap beats they
louboutin,louboutin outlet,louboutin outlet italia also
air max line
vanessa bruno,sac vanessa bruno,vanessa bruno sac,vanessa bruno pas cher,cabas vanessa bruno,sac vanessa bruno en solde,sac vanessa bruno pas cher simulator
pandora jewelry,pandora charms,pandora bracelet,pandora bracelets,pandora rings,pandora jewelry store locator,pandora charm,pandora charms clearance,pandora store,pandora jewelry outlet store,pandora jewelry sale online training
louboutin,christian louboutin,red bottom shoes,louboutin shoes,red bottoms,louboutin outlet,christian louboutin shoes,christian louboutin outlet,red bottom shoes for women,louboutins new pilots,
oakley sunglasses,oakley vault,oakley sunglasses cheap,oakleys,oakley.com,sunglasses outlet,cheap oakley,cheap oakley sunglasses,oakley outlet,cheap sunglasses,oakley prescription glasses,fake oakleys,oakley sunglasses outlet,oakley glasses,oakley store,fake oakley,oakley sale,cheap oakleys,discount oakley sunglasses arranging
wedding dresses,prom dresses,bridesmaid dresses,evening dresses,beach wedding dresses,cheap wedding dresses,homecoming dresses,prom dresses,wedding dresses old teacher
louis vuitton handbags,vuitton handbags,louis vuitton bags,louis vuitton purses admonishing one,
louis vuitton outlet stores,louis vuitton outlet online,louis vuitton,louis vuitton outlet,louisvuitton.com,authentic louis vuitton,louis vuitton factory outlet,cheap louis vuitton strengthening
vans,vans scarpe,vans italia the
timberland,timberland pas cher,chaussure timberland pas cher,timberland france new
true religion pilots
hollister,abercrombie flying
converse shoes,converse,converse.com,converse sneakers,converse outlet skills
pandora charms,pandora uk,pandora bracelet,pandora rings,pandora,pandora sale,pandora bracelets,pandora jewellery,pandora ring,pandora charm,pandora earrings,pandora jewelry,pandora necklace,pandora charms uk to
burberry,sac burberry,burberry pas cher,sac burberry pas cher,burberry france master.

With
louis vuitton,sac louis vuitton,louis vuitton pas cher,sac louis vuitton pas cher,louis vuitton france the
north face,the north face,north face pas cher,north face soldes,north face france last
converse pas cher,converse one
chi flat iron,chi hair fighter
insanity,insanity workout,insanity workout calendar,insanity calendar,insanity workout schedule landed
ghd,ghd hair,ghd hair straighteners,ghd straighteners safely,
burberry outlet online,burberry outlet,burberry,burberry handbags,burberry factory outlet,burberry sale five
coach outlet,coach factory,coach factory outlet,coach outlet store,coach outlet store online,coach factory online,coach factory outlet online,coach outlet online new
toms outlet pilots
michael kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors completed
valentino shoes,valentino,valentinos outline
longchamp,longchamp bags,longchamp uk provides
ray ban pas cher,ray ban,rayban,lunette ray ban pas cher solo
lululemon,lululemon canada,lululemon outlet canada,lululemon outlet online courses.

polo ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren,polo ralph,polo ralph lauren,ralph lauren outlet,polo shirts,ralph lauren outlet online,polo ralph lauren outlet online,ralphlauren.com,polo outlet,ralph lauren polo
dwqewf

PostPosted: Sunday, 28 June 2015, 0:59 AM    Post subject:    

Bajrangi Bhaijaan Day wises Collection
Friendship Day Pictures 2015
Veterans Day Quotes
Happy Independence day Pics
Fourth of July Clipart
4th of July Images
Eid Mubarak 2015 sms
Teachers day wallpapers
Happy Dussehra Wishes
Happy Diwali Pics