Weblogs News

Membership
Register
(It's free!)
Watched Topics
Edit Your Profile

2011 Christmas Carousel for Stories
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Special Challenges -> 2011 Christmas Carousel for Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Friday, 25 November 2011, 7:43 AM    Post subject: 2011 Christmas Carousel for Stories Reply with quote

Hear Ye, Hear Ye, One And All.

It's time for the 5th annual Christmas Carousels challenge for both fiction and non-fiction stories. Everyone may enter. Members and moderators alike. Post all of your stories here.

First place will receive 200 reputation points. Second place will receive 150 reputation points and third place will receive 100 reputation points. Honorable mention will receive 50 reputation points. The challenge will run until midnight Jan, 6 in your time zone. All rules are the same as for other challenges. No derogatory content.

All who enter may vote. All votes must be in within one week after the end of challenge, no exceptions. You can enter as many times as you would like! I will let you know a little later if there will be an addition prize for the 1st place winners! This years event will run until Jan, 6.

Last edited by Janice J Kennedy on Monday, 19 December 2011, 17:07 PM; edited 1 time in total
Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Friday, 25 November 2011, 8:09 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

( Not an entry. It is to get it started.)

Christmas With Daddy

(I remember only one Christmas I ever spent with my dad. I will start with some background history first; my dad suffered with Paranoid Schizophrenia.)

I was born on Sept. 13, 1944. My first home was a small, one-room travel trailer. The trailer was parked on the side of a riverbank in Modesto, California. There was an outhouse about half way down the side of the bank. I remember being afraid to use it. I would slide down the hill sitting on my bottom because I was afraid of falling in the river. If I were by myself, as I often was because Mom was busy with the baby when I went, I would squat down and pee in the dirt, as I was afraid to climb up on the seat.

My dad and his brother had built a small cabin, right next to our trailer. His brother and family lived in the cabin—Today, it is against the law for people to live on a riverbank, or any other place in this way. Back then, you were known as a squatter if you did. So, in a way, I guess you could say I was born a squatter.

I wasn't quite three when Mom left Dad. My mom’s mother and her nephew came and got Mom, me, and two younger sisters one day when Dad was gone. I remember Mom had wet clothes on the line she had just washed on a scrub-board. She took the wet clothes off the line, and wrapped them in a sheet, then put them in the back seat of the car. The three adults rode in front, one driving, and the other two holding one of my baby sisters. I sat in the back seat on top of the sheet with wet clothes bundled inside. That was in June, my next birthday in September was when I turned three.

I remember some other things that happened during that time. None of them were pleasant. My dad worked very little, and drank a lot. At times, he was violent. Living in such a small space, I was always exposed to it. As a baby, if I cried, he would spank me trying to make me hush. My mother was the one who got the brunt of his anger though. He would beat her, sometimes trying to strangle her. And he always slept with a knife under his pillow.

I remember once when my mom's parents brought us a box of food, and a watermelon, my dad picked it up, and was headed for the river to throw it in, when I started to cry. Mom begged him not too. He was mad at her, but with my grandparents there, he put the box down.

I also remember how my little cousins and me sat on the hood of a car, and tore open a loaf of bread, and ate it. There was a bag of candy in the box, and Mother gave each one of us a piece, then, put the rest away for later. The next day, when I went to get another piece, it was gone. I ask Mom where it was, and I remember to this day her telling me my dad had thrown it in the river.

Dad liked to swim in the canal. One time, I remember well, he was standing in the middle of the canal, holding me. The water was very clear. You could see the bottom though water was up to his waist. He told me he was going to put me in the water so I could stand beside him. I knew if he did it would cover my head, and I wouldn't be able to breath. He held me there for sometime, making me think he was going to put me in that swirling water. As I said, the few memories I have of that time, scare me to this day.

I only saw him a couple of times after that until I was older. We were living in Tracy, California when my mother decided to take me, and my sisters to see Dad's Mother. I was 13 at the time.

After we arrived in Modesto, we found out Grandma was in the hospital. A week before, she had been hit by a speeding car as she was crossing the street. Both of her arms had been broken. That was the first time I remember having seen her. I did not remember seeing her at all when we still lived on the riverbank.

When we got to the hospital, the first person we saw was Dad. It had been so long since we had seen him, Mom had to tell me, and my sisters who he was. We spent the day visiting with our grandmother, and the rest of his side of the family.

My aunt, Elsie, invited us to spend Christmas with her. It was in just three weeks. Mom agreed to bring us girls over to her house, and spend the holiday. It was a Christmas I would never forget for many reasons.

My mother was an only child, so I was not use to having aunts and uncles. My dad had five sisters, and three brothers, all grown with spouses and children of their own. They were all at my aunt Elsie's that Christmas Eve. We had, had Christmas trees before, but they were nothing like my aunt's tree. It was in a corner, and reached clear to the ceiling. It was decorated like no tree I had ever seen before. There were so many gifts underneath it, I thought there must be a thousand.

We were in a house that to us was full of strangers, yet somehow felt familiar. That's the only Christmas I ever remember being with Dad and his entire family. My sisters and I mostly just sat quietly. When they started passing out presents, all three of us knew there were no presents there for us, or so we thought.

After a while, my aunt brought one present over to each of us. It was only one, but it was one more than we expected. Each gift-wrapped box contained the most beautiful sweater any of us girls had ever owned. My youngest sister's was a soft baby pink color, my middle sister's was pale creamy green, and mine was the prettiest baby blue. We all three wore them until they were completely threadbare.

We thought our aunt had gotten them for us, but Christmas day, she told us our dad had given her the money, and ask her to pick something nice out for each of us.

That was my only Christmas with my daddy I can remember. I know there were a couple of Christmas' with him before Mom left, but I don't remember them.

Dad passed away with lung cancer when I was 24, just three days before my daughter's first birthday. She was the joy of his life. . . .

A photo of me and my two sisters, taken a few months after my Mom left my Dad.

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Saturday, 26 November 2011, 11:39 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Not an Entry)

Bubba Ray Claus

Far away where the land is covered in ice and snow; the weather is very wet and awful cold, 'cuz it's near the North Pole. Santa Claus lives there in a triple-wide trailer, with all his elves and reindeer. The reindeer live in a huge shack way out back, with lots of oats and hay stacks. There are several double wide trailers about, that house all of St. Nick's hick-relatives; a couple are only single wide, for the smallest of his elves to play inside. Santa's Toy Shop is in a double triple-wide. It is Santa's joy and pride.

One day when Bubba Ray Claus, Santa's third cousin by marriage, was out playing with some of the elves; Santa hollered out his triple-wide trailer winder. "Bubba, Bubba! Bubba come 'ere!" Bubba Ray and 5 red-neck elves all turned Santa's way. Three of the elves were boys and two of 'em were gurls. "Bubba Ray Claus, come 'ere I say. I have a job for y'all to do."

"A job?" shouted Bubba Ray; "A job fer me? Whatcha mean, a job fer me?" Bubba Ray didn't think he liked the sound of thet, 'cuz a job meant work. Bubba Ray had no intention of workin'. "Don't be bothered much, Bubba," Santa hollered. "I'll git Leroy Elrod, Peggy Sue, Cindy Lou and Janey Faye to he'p ya'. Y'all have a crew to he'p ya'. Ya' kin be the crew bozz. Come on in 'ere, Bubba Ray, so's we kin talk a while," said Santa with a smile.

So, Bubba Ray shuffled on over to Santa's triple-wide. Santa said, "Pull up a chair and sit a spell. I'm sure those elves plumb tuckered ya' out. 'ere have a Bud-wipe nog and a paper plate full of road-kill penguin and walrus stew, to refresh you.

"Now, 'ere's what I needs ya' to do. This year thet herd of naughty red-neck boys and gurls has plumb tripled sincet last Christmas Day. There 'ust ain't 'nuff room in my sleigh to haul all of thet coal. I don't know where most of those red-neck's live anyway and Bubba Ray, ya' do!

I've had a new sleigh made special fer you, outta an old '56 Chevy. I had a gun rack installed on top ya' sleigh, to keep thet old Grinch at bay. I ain't got 'nuff reindeer to pull your new '56 Chevrolet sleigh. So's I've had Comet, Vixen and Rudolph teachin' four moose how to fly. Sincet moose are bigger than reindeer, I'm sure thet four will do. I know it won't take ya' long to 'member their name's. They's Blubber Butt , Crazy Larry, Roscoe Boy and Turnip Speed.

"Peggy Sue, Cindy Lou and Janey Faye have been busy gittin' the coal ready to go. They's got every lump of coal fixed up with a red bow. Leroy Elrod will go along with the four of you. He'll help stuff the coal down each and every naughty red-neck boy and gurl's chimney, while ya' fill up their dirty socks with coal, I'm sure much won't fall thru the holes. I've told those red-neck youngin's to leave ya' a RC Cola and some pork rinds. I know ya'll like thet ust' fine.

"I really need yer he'p this year, Bubba Ray, to drive thet new '56 Chevrolet sleigh. You's gonna be the most famous red-neck of 'em all---why ya' even go down in red-neck Christmas History!" As they started out, you could hear Santa shout, " Be careful now ya'll. Have a good flight and don't y'all get into any fights!"

Nov. 26 2010
(C) Joyful Jan

Last edited by Janice J Kennedy on Saturday, 07 July 2012, 18:09 PM; edited 1 time in total
Maggie

votes: 103
Currently Reading: "Snippets of Life" by Peggy Harwood

PostPosted: Sunday, 27 November 2011, 10:38 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one, Jan!!!! Like your photos too!

Peggy

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Sunday, 27 November 2011, 10:44 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Peggy!

Hope you will be feeling better soon, and will treat us to a story or poem by you.

Jingle Bells Jan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy icon_santa Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Janice J Kennedy on Saturday, 07 July 2012, 18:09 PM; edited 1 time in total
Maggie

votes: 103
Currently Reading: "Snippets of Life" by Peggy Harwood

PostPosted: Sunday, 27 November 2011, 15:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jan, guess I've been using the wrong verbiage. I just couldn't concentrate like usual.

I'll try to come up with something as soon as I can!!!

Bless you,

Peggy

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Sunday, 27 November 2011, 15:50 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's okay Peggy,

We still have lots of time before the CC is over. I may extend it, yet.

Blessings Jan Smile

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Monday, 05 December 2011, 17:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Not an Entry)

~Nana Claus ~

Young Ricky and little Annie were now at the front of the line.
They had been waiting for over an hour to see Santa Claus.
Their 17 year old baby-sitter, Penny had left them there.
She had gone off with a couple of friends to wander around
the festive decorated mall. Santa said to Ricky, "Young man
would you come up here and sit on my knee?" Ricky said,"
May I please bring my little sister, Annie with me?" "Ho Ho Ho,"
said Santa," Of course you, May."

Annie was very small and timid, so Mrs. Santa helped her
to sit on Santa's other knee. Santa said, "Tell me your name
young man." He said, "My name is Ricky and this is my little
sister, Annie. She is very timid you see."

Santa said, "Neither one of you have anything to fear from me.
Now tell me Ricky, what would you like for me to bring you and
Your little sister for Christmas?" "We really don't want much in way of
toys Santa," Ricky said. "Maybe a truck for me and a pretty dolly
for Annie. There is one thing we both want most of all. Everyone we
know all has a wonderful Nana. All Annie and I have is Momma and
Penny, a neighbor girl to watches after us; when Momma is at work."

"Penny is young and she doesn't know a lot of stuff, that a Nana would know.
Momma is mostly always tired from working so hard.
We need a Nana, who knows how to tell stories and bake cookies
and nice things like that," said Ricky." Wow," said Santa,
"That is an amazing wish that you have there Ricky.
Can you tell me what else you would like for a Nana to
be able to do; for you and Annie, too"

"Oh, I can think of so many wonderful things a Nana could do.
She should have a lovely singing voice and be able to sing to us.
That would be very nice, and to be able to tell us stories about
when she was a little girl. One that would sit on the floor and play
with us, with trucks, blocks and other fun stuff." said Ricky.

Then, Santa turned to Annie and ask her, "Annie is there anything
that you would like for a Nana to do with you?" Oh yes, cried little Annie,"
I want a Nana who will hold me on her lap, hug me tight and rock with me
in Momma's big rocking chair. I really would like a Nana that would tuck me
in at night and help me to learn how to says my prayers, before I go to sleep.
One that would leave a little light on, when it was all scary and oh so dark.
A Nana that would sit by my bed if there were a noisy scary storm that made
things bump against the house and frighten me."

Little Annie said, "Is it alright to ask for more things that a Nana could do, too?"
Santa told her, "Yes, you may. What else would you like for a Nana to be able to
do for you?" Annie said, " Santa I would please like to have a Nana, that will kiss
all of my boo-boo's and one that knows how to sew, too. A Nana that would play
house with me and won't always make me be the baby, like Penny does when she
sometimes plays with me. I would like to be the momma sometimes, too. Mostly
Penny won't even play with me anyway, all she does
is watch T.V. or talk on the phone to her boy-friend, Eddie."

Santa said, "Be good little children, help your mamma and I will see
what I can do, to provide a Nana for the both of you."

That evening after supper, Papa Claus and Mama Claus were
enjoying a nice warm cup of cocoa with Papa Claus's sister,
Clara Claus. They were discussing the days events at the mall.
They were telling Clare about what some of the children
had ask for. When Santa was explaining all about what
Ricky and Annie wanted in a Nana, Clara got very excited. She said,
" Oh brother I can do all of those things. I would love to be their Nana.
Is it at all possible for you to move me right next door to them? Then arrange
for us to meet, so that I can become their Nana?"

Clara continued to say, " You know that I never married after
my fiance' Richard was killed in that horrible accident. I've never
had children or grandchildren of my own. Brother dear, you know
that I can do it and I would love to be a Nana. Please will you try
to make the arrangements for this to happen?" By then both
Papa and Mama Claus had become very excited about Clara
being a Nana for Ricky and little Annie, too! Papa Claus said,
" I will check everything out, first thing tomorrow and see if I can."

Clara was so excited she could hardly sleep that night.
Having her 2 very own grandchildren was a dream come true
for her. As she tossed and turned through the night, she
wondered what Ricky and Annie looked like. They both
sounded so sweet to her. She had been retired from her teaching
career, for a few years now and she was thinking it would be
the most perfectly wonderful thing for her to be able to do
at this time.

Clara finally went to sleep. She awoke a little later than
her usual time, as she had been so restless doing the night.
She had no longer finished her shower and a light breakfast,
when her phone right. It was her brother, Santa. Good morning
he said to her. Then he went on to say, "Can you come over
right away? I have some things I need to discuss with you."
Clara replied, "Sure, I'll be right there, just give me 20 minutes."

Clara was very careful as she drove over to her brother's.
The roads where slick from ice. It had been a cold and snowy
winter so far this year. When Clara knock on the door, it opened
right ways. It was Mama Claus, she warmly invited Clara in.
She led her straight into Papa Claus's office. Her brother ask
her to have a chair. She was really wanting to hear about what
her brother had been able to find out. He turned to her and said,
"it all seem to be good news, so far. I have only a couple of more
things to check on." At the news that everything was good so far,
both Clara Claus and Mama Claus were even more excited than
they were the night before.

After making 2 quick phone calls, Papa Claus again turned towards
them, wearing a really big smile. "It is all set" he said, "I have made
all of the arrangements for you to be able to move in right next door
to them, in just 7 more days." As he looked at Clara, he said, "You
better get to packing sister." Clara said, "Wow." Then got up and gave
her brother a great big hug. " Thank you so much, you have not only
gave Ricky and Annie their Christmas wish, you have given me mine, too."
said Clara. I will start packing right away, It should take me only a couple
of days." Santa said, " That's great, as you will need a couple of days for traveling."

Clara arrived at the airport in plenty of time to check her baggage. All of her other
things have been shipped the day before. Her belongs would get there the same day
that she did. A moving van would deliver everything right to her new house. They
would have it all unload and ready to move it in for her, just as she arrived at the house
. Santa had planned out everything so very well for her. She would have very little to do,
except for unpacking. He had even made sure that her car had been delivered for her.

After she had settled in, she drove to the store to do some grocery shopping. She wanted to
be sure she would have everything that she would need for Christmas baking. She already
knew that Ricky and Annie liked chocolate chip cookies. She was an excellent cook and
planned on making a basket of Christmas goodies to take to them. She thought that would
be a good way to start getting acquainted with them. She spent the rest of the day baking so
many different tasty treats. Her new home smelled so good, after all of that baking.

The next evening, she took a large basket and filled it with all kinds of wonderful goodies. She
took it next door and rang the door-bell. Soon a very tired looking lady came to the door. Clara
introduced herself, and told her she had baked some Christmas goodies that she would like to
share with her, as she was her new neighbor. Sarah invited her in. She led her into the kitchen
where Ricky and Annie were just finishing up with their supper. Sarah, introduced her to her two
children. She told them that Clara was their new neighbor and have baked some goodies to share
with them for Christmas.

Sarah said, " When you finish all of your supper, you may have some." Sarah then ask Clara, " Would
you please have a seat?" Clara sat down. She told Sarah, "What lovely and well behaved children you have.
Sarah said, " Thank you very much, it has been very hard for the 3 of us since their dad passed away.
Just today, I found out that the young girl who has been caring for them while I am at work is moving
away. I just don't know what I am going to do. Reliable child care is so expensive and so hard to find.

Clara said, "Now that is something that I might be able to help you with. Since I retired I have had a lot of free
time on my hands. I have been thinking about getting a part time job. I have reference, too. How soon will you be
needing someone?" Sarah said, " Today and tomorrow are my days off of work, I get two days off every 2 weeks.
I will need someone day after tomorrow, for sure. Do you think you can come over tomorrow and spend some time
with Ricky and Annie before I have to go to work, so that they will have a little time to get acquainted with you and
bring your references, too?"

Clara said, "What time would you like for me to be here?" Sarah told her, " Would 10 in the morning be okay with you?
You could stay for lunch, too" "That is a good time for me.", Clara said. " I should be leaving now, I'll see you at 10 in
the morning, then."

The next morning right a 10 Clara was ringing Sarah's door-bell again. Sarah invited her right in. She said, "Come on into
the living room and have a seat." Both Ricky and little Annie were in there. The first thing Ricky said was, " Thank you so
very much for all of the wonderful goodies you brought to us yesterday. All of them are so good. Chocolate chip cookies are
my favorite, you sure know how to make them taste good." Clara said, " Why you are welcome Ricky." Then she asked,
" do you like them too, Annie?" Annie replied, " Yes ma'am I sure do, I love chocolate chip cookies too. Your peanut butter
cookies are real good, too."

I am so glad you both like them, but you don't have to call me Ma'am, you can call me Nana, if you would like, " said Clara.
When Clara said that Annie started to cry. Everyone all said at the same time, "What is the matter Annie, why are you so sad?
" As soon as Annie was able to speak she said, " I'm not sad, I am so happy, I couldn't help but cry. Those are happy tears."
Sarah said, " What has made you so happy, Annie?" "Why Momma can't you see?" said Annie. "She is Santa's gift to me and Ricky!'
She jumped up and ran over and gave Clara a great big hug!

Joyful Jan

Cyrille
Godlike Guru

Reputation: 4264.9Reputation: 4264.9Reputation: 4264.9Reputation: 4264.9
votes: 51
Currently Reading: American Archery by Robert P Elmer; How the Post Office Created America by Winifred Gallagher

PostPosted: Saturday, 10 December 2011, 14:55 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rose’s Christmas Dance

This is a true story only the names have been changed to protect the gulity--- (me)

“Hey ya goofy Cajun, (That's me)
you always sayin, “my sister, my little sister, ma petite soeur
Ain’t she got a name, I’d like to know her name.”
“Why Ronnie? “
“ I think she’s kinda cute,”
“Kinda cute! My sister? Aw, come on, you jokin right?
She’s 12 years old! She’s little, she ain’t cute, she’s little.”
“ No Sonny (my alais), she’s cute. I’d like to meet her. N ask her to the Christmas Dance at school.”
“Okay if you really want to, I’ll bring her the next time we go ridin, but she’s my sister, no funny stuff, okay?”
Ronnie looks at me all innocent like. “What da ya mean?
“Listen, I’m ten months older than her, you’re two years older than me, I ain’t stupid, I know what teenagers like to do, no kissy smouchee okay?
“Okay”
“ Roseanna, that’s her name, Rose for short, no it ain’t French it’s English. What’s a Cajun girl doin with a English name? You got me; mama read it somewhere and fell in love with it. Anyway as I was sayin, my sister, brown haired, brown eyed Rose, all “cute” 4ft of her, rides into the yard on her lime-green two wheeler an sees me, my cousins, Ralph and Jean and Ronnie(friend and neighbor) on top of our tin roofed garage “bombin” toy solders we had strategically placed around the garage, bombin ‘em with bricks, rocks, erster shells and various other missiles we had hauled up to the roof with us. We was havin a grand time, it was December, the day was hot, the sun hotter and that tin roof, aieee. (This is after all southern Louisiana)
Rose wanted to join us, only thing, she don’t have no shoes on, wants to show off her RED painted toenails (little sisters ugh). Anyway, we didn’t think nothin of it. Of course we had our boots on, bein soldiers an all. They was cowboy boots, hey so what, soldiers wear boots an they ain’t cowboys. Rose climbs onto the roof, an the minute she gets onto the tin she starts dancing, couldn’t stop ‘cause the second she put one foot down she had to hop onto the other one. At first we thought it was funny (big brothers ugh) but then she starts cryin, I jump off the shed an run to get Poppa.
Poppa comes out, runs to the garage an yells for her to jump, sayin he’ll catch her, but now she’s dancing faster, cryin an sayin she can’t. This is because she can’t get both feet down at the same time in order to make the leap. To make a long story short, I had to push her off the roof, Poppa caught her. Then Poppa caught me, boy did we blister, my hinny and her feet.
And that is the story of Rose’s first Christmas dance
Oh yeah by the time the real thing rolled around she was fine and went to the dance but not with Ronnie she and her best friend Sandra went to the dance together. I went too as a reluctant chaperone. Mama had insisted that she was too young to go on a "real date."
She did dance with Ronnie a few times though.

Last edited by Cyrille on Saturday, 10 December 2011, 15:22 PM; edited 1 time in total
Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Saturday, 10 December 2011, 15:20 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,

that is so funny and cute. I really like your Christmas story! Bravo.
I want to read another one, you had such an interesting childhood.

My 2 sisters and I use to climb up on top of the chicken coop. But, we
never did a dance like that. LOL

Jingle Bells Jan Applause Applause Dancing Dancing wav Dancing Dancing Applause Applause

Cyrille
Godlike Guru

Currently Reading: American Archery by Robert P Elmer; How the Post Office Created America by Winifred Gallagher

PostPosted: Saturday, 10 December 2011, 15:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jan I know it doesn't contain a "Christmas miracle" and is kinda unorthodox but it happend close to Christmas. That's the best I can say for it.
:0 Smile icon_santa

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Saturday, 10 December 2011, 15:39 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of my Christmas stories had a miracle.

It is a mighty fine Christmas story. Very entertaining. I like it.

Jolly J.J. Cool Very Happy Cool Very Happy icon_santa Very Happy Cool Very Happy Cool

Cyrille
Godlike Guru

PostPosted: Sunday, 11 December 2011, 17:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

As usual you did a great job with the picture thank you so much for finding and posting it. the video with the Enya soundtrack was a wonderful Christmas gift and this one is just as heartwarming. You, my friend you are the real gift thank you for coming into my life.

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Sunday, 11 December 2011, 17:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

I tried to find a more Christmassy looking dance, but that's the best I could fine. You're welcome. You have been a good friend, too.

I am working on a new Christmas story. Not one of my older ones, like the ones that I have posted so far.
I have a little ways to go on it as yet. I hope someone else post a Christmas story. I am pretty sure I will extend the time limit.

People are so busy this time of year, hopefully they will have a little more time, after Christmas.

Jolly Jan Very Happy Very Happy wav Very Happy Very Happy

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Sunday, 18 December 2011, 18:43 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Not an Entry)

Rudy Reindeer.

Do you remember the story about grandma getting ran over by
a reindeer on Christmas Eve? That reindeer's name was Rudy.
He had been to a Christmas office party, with his girl friend,
Thelma Louise.

He had too much white-lightning egg-nog to drink and Thelma Louise
wanted to leave. Rudy and Thelma Louise got into a quarrel, she took
their sleigh and left Rudy to hoof it. Old Rudy had to hoof it back home
through all of that snow. Having have a mite too much to drink, he was
having a difficult time of seeing straight, especially with all of the snow
falling that night. He left about a quarter after eight.

It was more like a blizzard, it 'twas. Poor old grandma was slowly trying to
make her way back home from a neighbors party, where she had also had
a mite much to drink, of egg-nog Sherry. That was when her and Rudy's paths
crossed.They where both more than a little merry. You know how the story goes.
Poor, old grandma got ran over by that Rudy. Unfortunately for the
both of them, it killed poor old grandma.

Next day, the rangers had their K-9's out searching for that Rudy. They had
been able to identify his hoof prints you know. Even in all of that there snow.
He had left a few on poor old grandma, too. It took them most of a week, but
you know the Texas Rangers always catch there man, even if it's a reindeer.
The eyes of Texas are always on you. All of them, not just a few.

Rudy got 25 to life! He won't be available for Santa's next several flights.

Joyful Jan
Dec, 2010

Last edited by Janice J Kennedy on Saturday, 07 July 2012, 18:11 PM; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Special Challenges -> 2011 Christmas Carousel for Stories All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: