Blogs
Weblogs News

Membership
Register
(It's free!)
Watched Topics
Edit Your Profile

Hello again.....it's been awhile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Water cooler -> Hello again.....it's been awhile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdmkay
Timeless Wizard

votes: 19
Currently Reading: Just about anything I can get my hands on...grin

PostPosted: Wednesday, 21 January 2009, 13:59 PM    Post subject: Hello again.....it's been awhile Reply with quote

Gosh it is so good to be back doing everyday tasks such as updating my blog again.
THE GOOD NEWS...is that I am no longer considered terminal so I will be around to bug you guys for years to come.
THE BAD NEWS....if it wasn't rather funny it would (and does) truly suck.
I am 49 y.o. and (yes I've had all my immunizations as a kid. I HAVE THE MUMPS!!!!!! No, I'm not kidding. Apparently since I have an auto-immune disorder (Addison's disease) I managed (against the odds since I've had them before) to get exposed to heaven only knows who had them and was gracious enough to share them with me Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Sad . You just never know what is going to happen at our house. Thankfully no one else has been "blessed" with them including my pets (2 cats, and 6 ferrets).

I hope that everyone is doing well and I hope to come back soon when I have more time to catch up on my reading.
Love K

In life, no matter what the goal; it is really the journey that matters most.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Maggie

votes: 103
Currently Reading: "Snippets of Life" by Peggy Harwood

PostPosted: Thursday, 22 January 2009, 3:11 AM    Post subject: Fantastic, Kay!!!! Reply with quote

Kay,

Congratulations on your "not terminal" diagnosis!!! Such a gigantic relief!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

As you recoup and recover drop in on us when you can, and if and when you feel up to it, I know we'd love to have you back moderating, writing and critiquing.

It's so great to hear from you!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Peggy

Wordworx
Site Admin

votes: 83
Currently Reading: True Ghost Stories of Ireland

PostPosted: Thursday, 22 January 2009, 18:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best news we've had in a great while, Kay! Very Happy Exclamation Very Happy I'm so relieved it's something so mundane as the Mumps; I've never contracted that, myself; although my sister did when I was six, and our Mom put us in the same bed so I get it and be done with it. It's somewhat harder if it comes during adulthood, I've been told.

However and whatever, this is most welcome news!---though it's still not a pleasant experience. You take your time, and drop in when you've the chance, ma'am! You've been sorely missed around here.

Rejoicing Roy

Deborah Lynne

votes: 31

PostPosted: Saturday, 24 January 2009, 6:18 AM    Post subject: Kay....MUMPS???!!! WOW!!! That explains..... Reply with quote

OH MY WOW!!! That explains why you haven't returned my call as yet. I am so sorry you are having another set-back...and not a very pleasant one at all, as I recall. I had the mumps on both sides as a child (my sibs were "lucky" enough to only get hit on one side) and could eat nothing but soft foods (oatmeal, oatmeal and yum sad5 jawdrop1 009 d'oh! more oatmeal Evil or Very Mad ) surrender
I feel for ya, hon...I really do. Get better soon...so you can talk. It's just not right that something would slow down your God-given ability to chatter away at ninety-miles-an-hour! Laughing Just teasing, my friend! You know I luvsya! 058 Talk to ya soon...hopin' and prayin'.
As always,
Luv, hugz & kissez to ya!!!

LeeLee
Rising Star

votes: 10

PostPosted: Friday, 06 February 2009, 23:09 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to have you back and with great news about your expiration date bein cancelled.

You do have to admit that the mumps are kinda funny in proportion to the other issues you've faced. The Universe has a wicked sense of humor.

I'll take ya lumps and all. Just consider the alternative.

darlene ozley
Leader Of The Industry

votes: 12
Currently Reading: The Bible

PostPosted: Thursday, 12 February 2009, 5:27 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Kay,
Good to have you back. I have missed your posts.
I'm glad to hear that mumps is the only thing right now that has got you down.

dozley

lyric_kid1
Leader Of The Industry

votes: 13
Currently Reading: enders game

PostPosted: Thursday, 12 February 2009, 20:34 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh thank God, your better, we've missed ya, and I'm so glad your feeling much better. nice to have ya still around.

Georganna Hancock
Student

votes: 4
Currently Reading: fiction and nonfiction books, tweets and blogs

PostPosted: Saturday, 07 March 2009, 16:09 PM    Post subject: Yay! Babies is Back! Reply with quote

This is great news, girl! I mean, about the not being terminal, not about the mumps. *ouch!*

I just got here myself, about 60 lbs. lighter, so let's see if I can replace my photo with something more current ...

Deborah Lynne

votes: 31

PostPosted: Saturday, 07 March 2009, 18:26 PM    Post subject: Welcome back, Georganna!!! Reply with quote

WELCOME BACK, Georganna!!! It's nice to have you back on PDB. I do so hope your own health has improved. Hope to see you posting again. Again, great to have you back!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Water cooler -> Hello again.....it's been awhile All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: