Blogs
Weblogs News

Membership
Register
(It's free!)
Watched Topics
Edit Your Profile

~ You Are Special ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Friendship Poetry -> ~ You Are Special ~
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Thursday, 25 March 2010, 10:13 AM    Post subject: ~ You Are Special ~ Reply with quote

I dedicate this poem to friendship.
It is one of the greatest gifts given to us by our Father.

Here is a little quote that I found,
and put it on a Pooh Bear, background.
He is the friendliest bear that is around.

Last edited by Janice J Kennedy on Thursday, 25 March 2010, 19:21 PM; edited 3 times in total
poet1108
Banned

votes: 22

PostPosted: Thursday, 25 March 2010, 11:13 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jan:

Not long ago doing my own research on the meaning of friend, I consulted my well-worn dictionary. Several meanings were given but I really liked the first meaning: “a person whom one knows well and is fond of; intimate associate; close acquaintance.”

Then I turned my thoughts backward and reflected upon my past. Images of scores of people passed in front of my viewing screen like a slide show—images of those from early childhood, school days, church affiliations, or work and social activities. Tied to those images was a gamut of feelings as well—many spontaneously joyful and on a positive upbeat, with only a few others being woefully sad and pulling toward the negative.

Today I continue through the years of my sixth decade. I fully realize that if I were to sit and complete a series of vignettes about each one who has touched my life, literally reams of paper would be used. I am eternally grateful to God for these gifts of friends and their endearing friendship.

Thank you for your friendship and the words expressed in this write.

KayD
Maggie

votes: 103
Currently Reading: "Snippets of Life" by Peggy Harwood

PostPosted: Thursday, 25 March 2010, 13:07 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jan,

Thank you for sending the link to this lovely and touching poem!!! You have blessed many with your friendship, and I feel that I am honored to be one of those lucky people.

Moving poem and pretty presentation as well!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Peggy

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Thursday, 25 March 2010, 15:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear KayD,

I know exactly what you are saying. I look back over the same 60 some years, and know that for every negative person that came into my life, there were at least 10 positive ones. And, for the negative ones I am, also thankful for. Each one of them taught me an important lesson, that helped to make me who I am today. Friends are truly one of God's greatest gifts to mankind. I am so glad that you are my friend.

Hugs Jan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Thursday, 25 March 2010, 15:21 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww Dear Peggy, I am the lucky one!!!

I am glad you like the presentation. I don't do many that way, for the only way that I know how to do them is one line at a time. Lining the lines up straight can sometimes be a real strain. Finding backgrounds is not hard to do, there are thousands of them. Finding the right one is often time consuming.

Hugs Jan Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Helen Herliana
Respected Advisor

votes: 16
Currently Reading: The Woman in White, by Wilkie Collins

PostPosted: Thursday, 25 March 2010, 19:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janice dear, this is the sweetest friendship poem I have ever read. I really would like to share this poem with my friends if it's ok with you. My favorite friendship quote is this: "Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things." (Author Unknown) which means that friendship needs years to grow strong and big. It's like planting a bunyan tree whose seed is very small but as years go by it's growing into the strongest, biggest tree on earth because it has millions of roots big and small inside and outside the ground.

I really like this poem..... Thank you very much for being my friend. I never cease thanking God for you.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Imsaved2

PostPosted: Thursday, 25 March 2010, 20:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short, sweet, and straight to the point. This describes your lovely ditty and also you!!! The Bible tells us that in order to have friends we must first show ourself to be friendly. And that is why you have many friends. This is just one more expression of the love and kindness that you yourself show to others. And you are indeed loved in return!
SShakela
Contender

Reputation: 1067.9Reputation: 1067.9Reputation: 1067.9Reputation: 1067.9
votes: 12
Currently Reading: Mistress of Spices by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

PostPosted: Tuesday, 30 March 2010, 6:59 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dearest Jan,

This is a beautiful friendship poem. All the years of getting older, many friends walked in and out of my life. Some stayed on yet others left but everyone of them taught me important lessons of life. The negative ones gave me strength and the positive ones lent their ears and shoulders. Beautiful graphic and nice quote. Thanks for sharing. God bless you and all those you love.

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Tuesday, 30 March 2010, 7:24 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love you too, my darling daughter. Come on now, you know you're not that much taller than me. Laughing It amazes me at how all the woman in our family are on the shorter side, yet the men are tall. Except for Joy, "joy" is always tall. Laughing

Loves You, Mom Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Tuesday, 30 March 2010, 7:30 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww my Dear Delightful Dove, my forever friend in my tomorrow! It is so wonderful to have you as the wonderful friend that you've always been to me, after all these years.

Thank you so much for that beautiful graphic, it's beauty will never compare to your beautiful heart. I love you!!!

Hugs Joyful Jan Very Happy Very Happy flowers1 Very Happy Very Happy

Cyrille
Godlike Guru

Reputation: 4264.9Reputation: 4264.9Reputation: 4264.9Reputation: 4264.9
votes: 51
Currently Reading: American Archery by Robert P Elmer; How the Post Office Created America by Winifred Gallagher

PostPosted: Wednesday, 31 March 2010, 5:33 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was nice J.J and in some way slightly uplifting!

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Wednesday, 31 March 2010, 19:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Cyrille,

For you encouraging comment, I am glad that you like it.
I do hope you are feeling better?

Blessings J.J. Smile Smile Smile

DanielYoung
Glorious Newborn

PostPosted: Wednesday, 08 August 2018, 10:51 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something a special greeting to a special one and it is definitely you. I really like it and if you give me permission I will use it in my writing essay website . It is useful for birthday and special day wishes. I really appreciate the writer for this beautiful poem and by reading this it turned my day so excited.
Marc D. Smith
Glorious Newborn

PostPosted: Saturday, 29 September 2018, 0:53 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

greatman,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Friendship Poetry -> ~ You Are Special ~ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: