Blogs
Weblogs News

Membership
Register
(It's free!)
Watched Topics
Edit Your Profile

literary game commentary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Water cooler -> literary game commentary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
webmaster
Site Owner

votes: 10

PostPosted: Friday, 23 March 2007, 13:54 PM    Post subject: literary game commentary Reply with quote

One of the things I love is the Web site Penny Arcade. It features a comic strip about video games. What I love about it is that it is very literary. Each comic strip comes with a few paragraphs of discussion, and very often it is quite high-minded, but never stuffy or pompous. One of the reasons for this is that the writer of the strip is absolutely in love with the English language. And so without further ado, I give you links to 3 of his comics which are supposed to be about video games, but in reality are all about wordplay:

Regarding "The Witcher" video game:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/10/24

Regarding Jack Thompson's "racketeering" lawsuit against them:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/03/23

Warning, foul language, maybe skip this one:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2005/02/04

-Tony

Maggie

votes: 103
Currently Reading: "Snippets of Life" by Peggy Harwood

PostPosted: Saturday, 24 March 2007, 18:58 PM    Post subject: literary comics Reply with quote

Hi Tony,

I see what you mean! I just read "The Witcher," and it was all about the proper and improper variations on the word "witch." Someone who loves language would love this! Good site!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Peggy

Deborah Lynne

votes: 31

PostPosted: Sunday, 25 March 2007, 1:04 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, these are so cute! I love wordplay! (Yes...I'm strange that way! aiwebs_011) Foul language aside, I found the Anomaly toon hilarious! The fact that it continues with the misunderstanding made me giggle even more! Thanks for posting these! I think they're great! I'll have to go back and read more when I can. Very Happy

annashetty
Glorious Newborn

PostPosted: Monday, 11 September 2017, 18:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very thanks for the blog post. I may see a good deal of approaches after seeing your post. photoshop online Alternative is a perfect alternative to photoshop, and play cool math games for kids and everyone. Enjoy brain training with math and logic games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Water cooler -> literary game commentary All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: