Weblogs News

Membership
Register
(It's free!)
Watched Topics
Edit Your Profile

For Tony - Screenshot
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Water cooler -> For Tony - Screenshot
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haniel45

votes: 37

PostPosted: Saturday, 26 November 2011, 18:34 PM    Post subject: For Tony - Screenshot Reply with quote

here it is - it pops up in the water cooler - My Ca Security quarantines it, but it keeps popping up every time I try to move my cursor and stops me from entering info after about three characaters.

hope this helps

Good to know you're alive!

Cindy

Screen Shot for PDB Malware.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.08 KB
 Viewed:  134 Time(s)

Screen Shot for PDB Malware.png

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. ~ Henry David Thoreau (181762)
Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Saturday, 26 November 2011, 19:22 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something is here for sure Tony. Right after Cindy posted this and I came
in and read it, within just a few minutes it popped up on my monitor
for me to close it out. I did, ran a scan. Now it seems alright for me to be here.

Jan
Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Saturday, 26 November 2011, 22:29 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

I may have discovered the problem, if it's not what you are looking for, it is still a problem. Check out user name Inj19800.

Jan
webmaster
Site Owner

votes: 10

PostPosted: Sunday, 27 November 2011, 15:41 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. I searched the site's files and could not find anything in your screenshot. So the file isn't on the server.

However, a user named "Inj19800" is probably short for "Injection script version 19800" or something like that. So now I'll look around for injections (code that is secretly added to the site to make trouble for visitors).

Thanks for the help! I'm still hunting. Smile

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Sunday, 27 November 2011, 15:45 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tony. I will notify the active members, as soon as you give the okay.

Jan
haniel45

PostPosted: Sunday, 27 November 2011, 16:40 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

good, because it's still here and very annoying. Sad

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. ~ Henry David Thoreau (181762)
Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Sunday, 27 November 2011, 17:13 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

lnj19800
Glorious Newborn

Currently Reading: How to rip Blu-ray to video formats using Holeesoft Blu-ray ripper
Posted: Sunday, 27 November 2011, 8:34 AM Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A thin client (sometimes also called a lean or slim client) is a computer or a computer program

This is the last post they made, it is in the friendship forum. The others have been deleted. There were about 4 others.

Jan

webmaster
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sunday, 27 November 2011, 21:56 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have a tool that compares files. I compared the files on our site today to the files on our site last year. There are lots of new images that have been uploaded, but no changes to the programming code, nor to the files that control how the site is run.

Basically, our site is running just as well as it used to. Nothing has tampered with it.

So, now I'll look at weird things. Maybe the ads that used to run on here have been taken over by something spammy, or, I dunno. I'll keep looking. I really appreciate the screenshots. Thanks.

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Monday, 28 November 2011, 7:02 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

Thank you for your effort, I really appreciate that.

Jan
Maggie

votes: 103
Currently Reading: "Snippets of Life" by Peggy Harwood

PostPosted: Monday, 28 November 2011, 8:43 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

Did you see the following post from the injector guy?

http://www.publisherdatabase.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=55432#55432

Peggy

webmaster
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tuesday, 29 November 2011, 16:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. He's just a bot, or spammy dude.

Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Wednesday, 30 November 2011, 7:42 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, the bot has made another post.

Concerned Jan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone know how to convert avi to ipod video formats? I would like to put avi video into my ipod.
from: www.holeesoft.com/news/how-to-convert-ipod-to-avi.html
Janice J Kennedy

PostPosted: Wednesday, 30 November 2011, 9:19 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Tony,

Yes I am very concerned for PDB. I started out here as a member on
Aug. 1, 2008. In a short time I became a moderator. Since this past Aug.
I have been an administrator.

I know that PDB is your baby, but I have rocked your baby all this time,
for an average of 8 hours a day. When you rock a baby that long, no
matter who the baby belongs to, you can't help but grow to love it.
I love PDB.

For the past few days I have sit at my computer, not as often as usual,
for there is very little if any activity here of late. To me she is slowly dying.
Please give her life, again!

Jan
haniel45

PostPosted: Wednesday, 30 November 2011, 10:48 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what Jan said! angel4

Here's the script from the screenshot in case you couldn't read it the first time on the screenshot - it's sooo tiny:

JS/SallyDIScript.HGC malware infected

I checked all the forums and the dang thing is still popping up like crazy. It's not interfering with my posting, so, if everyone is cautious, you might delete my warning message and see what happens. Do you think it's safe to do that?

Cindy

webmaster
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thursday, 01 December 2011, 22:42 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gang. The forum won't be as active as before -- I had been advertising it on Google searches for all these years. However, I lost my job twice in the last 3 years (got a new one now), and just couldn't afford to keep the ads going.

I can take a look internally to see if the normal friendly things are still happening. I had a script running to send birthday wishes to members, among other things. It often drew people back in. I'll take a look and see if that stuff needs a reboot. But it won't do as well as the ads did. That stuff was great for luring in new users.

As for the security popups, I've still not found anything on the site. I don't get popups, I don't have any bad code on the server, and I can't find anything in the ads. It's very confusing. I'll keep at it!

Happy holidays!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Water cooler -> For Tony - Screenshot All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: