Blogs
Weblogs News

Membership
Register
(It's free!)
Watched Topics
Edit Your Profile

Saying goodbye for now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Water cooler -> Saying goodbye for now
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdmkay
Timeless Wizard

votes: 19
Currently Reading: Just about anything I can get my hands on...grin

PostPosted: Saturday, 29 November 2008, 14:24 PM    Post subject: Saying goodbye for now Reply with quote

I imagine this wiil come as a surprise to some and others not so much. As you know I've been seriously ill for some time now but I recently was finally diagnosed with Addison's disease (yeah!!! Finally someone knows what's wrong and so they can fix it.....unfortulnetly the prognosis is poor (5-10) years,

Now mind you I only told you because I will miss you and I didn't want to disappear without letting people know why.
I'll miss all of you and hope you the best of luck in the future. I don't want to sadden you because I am surrunded with love and a wonderful circle of family, friends, and doctors (everyone should have it so good ,,,,,,the being spoiled not being sick

In life, no matter what the goal; it is really the journey that matters most.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Maggie

votes: 103
Currently Reading: "Snippets of Life" by Peggy Harwood

PostPosted: Saturday, 29 November 2008, 15:06 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kay,

I'm not a big believer in prognosis giving! My former husband was given a time of less than five years at the age of 35. He lived a full life to the age of 65. The doctors also told me they didn't know how long I would live in 1991. I'm still going strong and I still travel the world when the mood hits me.

So my advise to you is to live life to the fullest for as long as possible and don't cash in your chips and leave the game too early!!!

You will be in my prayers.

Peggy

Wordworx
Site Admin

votes: 83
Currently Reading: True Ghost Stories of Ireland

PostPosted: Saturday, 29 November 2008, 18:28 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor will I accept any "goodbyes," Kay! Peggy is certainly right in her summation, so take heart! You don't let others tell you how you should dress, feel, or otherwise comport yourself, therefore don't take any sawbone's proclamation without a grain of salt. Only One knows your time on this earth, and to merely roll over and await the end passively is NOT how to take it. (Nor is that your nature, I strongly suspect!)

Please stay in touch with us, and know that we shall be remembering and hoping for the best for you. You still have your position on PDB, you know! You helped shape it in the beginning, and I've no one else who could come near filling your shoes, ma'am.

Roy the Resolute

mdmkay
Timeless Wizard

votes: 19
Currently Reading: Just about anything I can get my hands on...grin

PostPosted: Monday, 01 December 2008, 17:08 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you noticed I said goodbye for awhile not forever. My ex-husband was diagnosised with cancer and had only 6 weeks to live. Tell ya what the weeks started on in 2003 have drug out a bit considering he's back at work and shows no more signs of cancer.

In life, no matter what the goal; it is really the journey that matters most.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Blog Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
whitestar_drifter
Wise Old Sage

votes: 35

PostPosted: Tuesday, 02 December 2008, 18:54 PM    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Kay. I refuse to say goodbye for any length of time. Instead, I'll see ya around and look forward to your next piece of artwork. Get well... doctors are stupid anyway.

D.

You can't live life by strict adherence to the rules of society. Cause a little chaos and mayhem... you'll feel better.
everardo

PostPosted: Friday, 12 December 2008, 18:00 PM    Post subject: Workin' Girl Reply with quote

Hi Kay,
You always made me feel better about my poetry, even when it wasn't exactly perfect. Thank you for your big heart and your love for poetry. (Anything less wouldn't be civilized). Here's a big shout out to Wordworx, too, cause he works hard as all get out for us all. Best wishes and regards, everardo.
lyric_kid1
Leader Of The Industry

votes: 13
Currently Reading: enders game

PostPosted: Wednesday, 17 December 2008, 10:41 AM    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend, Kay, you've been so sweet and honset about my potrey I will pray for you, I hope that everything will turn out right, but I won'r say goodbye I don't believe in the word unless it's forever. stay strong girly, because things will get better, my aunt mert who died last year, was suppost to die, 4 years early so don't put a maker on your death, at let that be it, your my friend, you've listen to my music, and read my words and I just want to tell just how very greatful i am that I've known you. your a great person so please hold on.

love

rich

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home -> Forums -> Water cooler -> Saying goodbye for now All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: